The process is simple, but by no means easy.
- Reduce the amount you spend on dumb crap, try to live a happy life minimally.
- Pay off all your bad debts, hold a 6-month emergency fund in liquid.
- Invest in yourself and your future; gym membership (that you’ll use), healthy food, meaningful experiences, education, books.
- Invest in the world; for example set a % of your income aside into a Vanguard LifeStrategy Fund — go for more risk if you have more potential time to recover from a market loss.
- Invest in your own thing; business, career, consulting, multiple revenue streams.